How 2008 presidential election demolished credibility of ‘mainstream’ press
The mask is off. The pretense over.
After decades of pretending they’re not biased leftward – even though everyone else knew it – America’s “mainstream media” have finally, during 2008, dropped the façade of fairness and impartiality.
- The big media openly worship Barack Obama. MSNBC’s Chris Matthews, upon listening to Obama speak, says almost mystically, “I felt this thrill going up my leg.” Rolling Stone magazine rhapsodizes, “There is a sense of dignity, even majesty, about him …
- For its October cover, The Atlantic magazine hires a photographer who intentionally photographs John McCain to look ugly and threatening. (“I left his eyes red and his skin looking bad,” she later admits, adding, “maybe it was somewhat irresponsible for [the Atlantic] to hire me.”
- The New York Times publishes Barack Obama’s op-ed on Iraq policy, but refuses to run McCain’s op-ed. At the same time, all three network’s news anchors tag along with Obama like groupies on his overseas stump tour, while McCain receives scant media coverage.
- The pregnancy of Sarah Palin’s teen daughter is national news, as is the presence in the Alaska governor’s mansion of a tanning bed (which Palin paid for herself). But Obama being mentored and nurtured for years by terrorists (William Ayers), communists (Frank Marshall Davis) and America-hating racists (Rev. Jeremiah Wright), which helped shape him into the most left-wing, America-blaming, radically pro-abortion and tyrant-appeasing presidential candidate in U.S. history, is not news.
Yes, the media have long been biased to the left. But this year it’s different. This year, the mask has come off and the real face of the mainstream media – or MSM as they’re popularly called – has been revealed for all to see. And it ain’t pretty.
Documenting this stunning transformation of the American news media – and pointing to amazingly positive changes now occurring in the evolution of the free press – is the October edition of WND’s elite monthly Whistleblower magazine, titled “THE YEAR THE MEDIA DIED.”
“It doesn’t matter how dangerous the reality of Obama is – a hardcore leftist whose intended tax-and-spend policies would, experts say, plunge American into a full-bore depression,” said WND Managing Editor and best-selling author David Kupelian. “It doesn’t matter how surreal and creepy his campaign gets – enlisting sheriffs and prosecutors to intimidate voters, exploiting children into singing ‘Obama’s gonna lead us’ songs stunningly reminiscent of Chinese Maoist indoctrination. The mainstream press ignores it all, because, very simply, they just really want Obama to be president.”
However, adds Kupelian, regardless of who wins the election, the “mainstream press” will never be the same.
“This is, as Sean Hannity has been saying for months, ‘the year journalism died.’ By pushing so unashamedly and openly for Obama, the Old Media are throwing away what little is left of their credibility. Maybe they sense the era when they could fool most Americans is coming to an end, and thus are going all-out to get Obama elected as their last desperate mission.”
The good news, says Whistleblower, is that while the Old Media are rapidly waning (the New York Times Company is worth only half of what it was a year ago), the New Media – talk radio, Internet news, bloggers, cable news (well, some cable news) and more – are growing exponentially in readership and influence.
Highlights of “THE YEAR THE MEDIA DIED” include:
- “The sad state of the media” by Joseph Farah
- “Study: ABC, NBC, CBS strongly support Obama” by Bob Unruh, concluding that “mainstream” media covered has “bordered on giddy celebration of a political rock star”
- “Magazine photographer shoots McCain to look like monster,” documenting how a self-described ‘hard-core Democrat’ boasted how she tricked Republican presidential candidate into participating in horror pic
- “Stunning proof of mainstream bias” by Chelsea Schilling, on how the weekly celebrity magazine “Us” smeared Sarah Palin while unabashedly praising Obama
- “Gingrich verbally incinerates MSNBC reporter”
- “CNN reporter falsely claims Palin posed in bikini with rifle” – just one in a string of sensational but untrue claims against Alaska governor
- “McCain rumors big news, Edwards adultery no news” – a stunning contrast between media coverage of the two candidates’ alleged “scandals”
- “Is the press evil?” by David Kupelian, who surveys the death throes of the Old Media – and the birth pangs of the New Media
- “The Old Gray Lady’s mind-numbing bias” by David Limbaugh, show how the New York Times “arrogance and unprofessionalism” have hit a new low
- New York Times worth half what it was last year
- “New York Times vs. Helms, part 529,876” by Ann Coulter, who excoriates the Times’ journalistic spitting on the grave of a great statesman
- “He’s one of them – she’s one of us” by Patrick J. Buchanan, on what the media firestorm over Sarah Palin is really all about
- … and much more.
“I’ve often said that no group in America is more responsible for making evil look good and good look evil than the news media,” said Kupelian. “This issue of Whistleblower documents something truly astounding – the death of the Old Media before our very eyes, and the rapid growth of the New. In my view, it’s the single most positive trend in America today. Without a truly free press, it’s really hard to have a free country.”
SPECIAL DISCOUNT OFFER! For a limited time, subscribe to Whistleblower, renew your subscription or give a gift subscription for one year for only $39.95 – a $10 discount off the normal $49.95 price! In addition, with your one-year subscription or renewal we’ll send you a FREE copy of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s authorized biography, “Sarah: How a Hockey Mom Turned Alaska’s Political Establishment Upside Down” by author Kaylene Johnson. Drawing on personal interviews with Palin, her family and other highly placed sources – and featuring dozens of family and political photos – “Sarah” explores Palin’s family life, her upbringing in a devout Christian home, her political rise, her values and beliefs, and how she went from being a long-shot candidate to – very possibly – one of the world’s most powerful women and political figures.
Or, subscribe to Whistleblower, renew your subscription or give a gift subscription for two years and you’ll pay only $74.95 – that’s a $10 discount off the already discounted two-year rate! Plus with your two-year subscription or renewal, you’ll get a FREE copy of “The Audacity of Deceit: Barack Obama’s War on American Values,” by Brad O’Leary, just published by WND Books.
Other books, such as the No. 1 best-seller “The Obama Nation” by WND’s Jerome Corsi, have focused on Obama’s past; but in “The Audacity of Deceit” O’Leary looks to Obama’s proposed future, detailing what America would look like if Obama were elected president and actually made good on his campaign promises.
This special discount offer may end without notice. Free book offer good in the U.S. only.
NOTE: When shopping in WND’s online store you have the option of paying with either a credit card or a check.
If you wish to order by phone, call our toll-free order line at 1-800-4WND-COM (1-800-496-3266).